Lara Truck Sales
3020 Satellite Boulevard
Duluth, GA 30096
Despite the ever-rising cost of gasoline, many car shoppers either can't or don't want to jump on the small-and-efficient bandwagon. Whether accommodating a large and active family or delivering pickup truck-like capability, the full-size SUV continues to serve very real needs. One of the better current options is the 2011 GMC Yukon XL, available in light-duty 1500 and heavy-duty 2500 guises; two-, four- and all-wheel-drive configurations; and trim levels covering the expanse from well-equipped to stuffed-to-the-gills. Three V8 engines are included in the lineup, all working with a standard six-speed automatic transmission.
You'll Like This Car If...
Despite rising fuel costs and a general shift toward smaller vehicles, there remains a need for large SUVs capable of carrying three rows of passengers and a generous amount of cargo, either in the trunk or a towed trailer. One of the few options is the impressive GMC Yukon XL.
You May Not Like This Car If...
If you like fuel efficiency, firm handling, commendable maneuverability, and pricing on par with a minivan, the 2011 GMC Yukon XL (and its competitors) is guaranteed to disappoint.
What's New for 2011
The latest edition of the GMC Yukon XL arrives with an updated version of OnStar, including six months of complimentary enrollment in the Directions and Connections plan.
Unlike previous iterations, the current-generation Yukon XL 1500 is marked by a polished, refined driving character. The overall experience is enhanced by a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission mated to one of two capable V8s, though the Denali's larger engine provides noticeably better off-the-line acceleration as well as a throatier exhaust note. Passing power is decent for such a large and substantial vehicle, and the comfortable, compliant ride is sure to surprise many test drivers.
Active Fuel Management Technology
To date, engineers have yet to figure out how to make a massive SUV operate as efficiently as a compact sedan. However, by deactivating four of eight cylinders when less power is needed, the Active Fuel Management system helps drivers save gas whenever possible.
Optional on the Yukon XL SLT and standard on the Denali, this auto-leveling rear suspension system delivers a level of ride comfort that just may cause occupants to forget they're traveling in what is essentially a truck.
Housed within the 2011 GMC Yukon XL's sleek (for a full-size SUV) exterior are three rows of seats that accommodate up to nine passengers. Front- and second-row occupants are granted plenty of overall room and comfort, with wide-opening doors adding the bonus of easy entry and exit. The third-row bench is a dated design, meaning the cumbersome sections don't fold into the floor and must be removed to maximize cargo space. This approach also results in limited leg and foot room, though the second-row seats do slide forward and can be equipped with a handy power fold-and-tumble feature.
Compared to nearly every other new car, truck or SUV, the GMC Yukon XL is a behemoth. With 222.4 inches of bumper-to-bumper length stretched over a 130-inch wheelbase, it's easy to understand how this luxed-up work vehicle qualifies as full-size. But, as is the case with some people, the Yukon XL carries its weight well. Behind the rather nondescript headlights is a body with clean and smooth styling, a look that owes some credit to tight panel gaps. The Yukon XL Denali is distinguished by a chrome honeycomb grille, unique headlights and taillights, and 20-inch polished alloy wheels.
Notable Standard Equipment
All 2011 GMC Yukon XL models address safety with ABS, StabiliTrak, and front-side and side-curtain airbags. Additionally, the base SLE version boasts triple-zone climate control, a Bose audio system with a USB port, a power driver's seat, and a 5.3-liter V8 mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. The mid-level Yukon XL SLT dresses things up a bit more with a rearview camera, power-adjustable pedals, leather upholstery, and remote start. Finally, the decked-out Denali stands apart with its navigation system featuring XM's real-time NavTraffic service, heated and cooled front seats, a power lift gate, a 6.2-liter V8, and much more.
Notable Optional Equipment
Many of the top-of-the-line Yukon XL Denali's standard features can be added to the SLE and SLT as optional equipment. These include the navigation system, heated and cooled front buckets, power tilt-and-tumble second-row seats, the power lift gate, and exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals. Depending on the model selected, buyers can also opt to have their 2011 Yukon XL fitted with a rear DVD entertainment package, a blind-spot warning system, a power moonroof, or power-retractable running boards.
Under the Hood
GMC offers its light-duty 2011 Yukon XL SLE and SLT models with a 5.3-liter V8 capable of operating on regular gasoline or E85, a mixture of 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gas. Output measures 320 horsepower and 335 pound-feet of torque with gasoline, or 326 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque with E85. The Denali's 6.2-liter V8 is also a flex-fuel engine, though there's no variation in its ratings of 403 horsepower and 417 pound-feet of torque. Heavy-duty Yukon XL 2500 models are fitted with a 6.0-liter V8 that delivers 352 horsepower and 382 pound-feet of torque.
5.3-liter V8 FlexFuel
320 horsepower @ 5400 rpm
326 horsepower @ 5300 rpm (E85)
335 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4000 rpm
348 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4400 rpm (E85)
EPA city/highway fuel economy: 15/21 (gasoline), 11/16 (E85)
6.0-liter V8 FlexFuel
352 horsepower @ 5400 rpm
382 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4200 rpm
EPA city/highway fuel economy: 10/16 (2WD), 10/15 (4WD)
6.2-liter V8 FlexFuel
403 horsepower @ 5700 rpm
417 lb.-ft. of torque @ 4300 rpm
EPA city/highway fuel economy: 14/18 (2WD, gasoline), 10/15 (2WD, E85), 13/18 (4WD, gasoline), 9/13 (4WD, E85)
The 2011 GMC Yukon XL's Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) ranges from about $43,000 for a base SLE to more than $70,000 for a fully equipped Denali. The heavy-duty Yukon XL 2500 starts at roughly $45,000, but can climb well into the $60,000s. Be sure to check the Fair Purchase Price on kbb.com to determine how much shoppers are paying in your area. In terms of resale value, the Yukon XL is expected to outperform the Ford Expedition EL, equal the performance of the Chevrolet Suburban, and trail behind the Toyota Sequoia.
Call at (470)-991-8335 or email us at email@example.com to get more information and check to see if this vehicle is available. They move quickly! We will be happy to schedule an appointment for you to test drive this vehicle today! Remember here at Lara Truck Sales we make sure that Everyone Rides Home in the vehicle of their choosing with the payments that they can afford. We will work with all types of credit and we are always running specials throughout the year.
- Air dam- Gray
- Alternator- 160 amps (Requires (VYU) Snow Plow Prep Package on 3/4 ton models.)
- Antenna- integral in rear quarter glass
- Armrests- driver and passenger doors- padded
- Bluetooth for phone- personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system
- Bose Sound System- premium 9-speaker system with subwoofer in center console
- Brakes- 4-wheel antilock- 4-wheel disc
- Cup holders- driver and passenger-side in third row side trim
- Cup holders- in front seating area
- Cup holders- in rear of floor console
- Defogger- rear-window electric
- Differential- heavy-duty locking rear
- Door trim- side reflectors on rear doors
- Driver Information Center- full-functionality included with temperature and compass
- Exhaust- aluminized stainless-steel muffler and tailpipe
- Fascia- front color-keyed
- Fascia- rear color-keyed
- Floor covering- color-keyed carpeting
- Fog lamps- front round halogen
- Glass- Solar-Ray deep-tinted (all windows except light-tinted glass on windshield and driver and front passenger-side glass)
- Grille- chrome surround
- GVWR- 7200 lbs. (3266 kg) (Requires 2WD 1/2 ton models.)
- Headlamps- dual halogen composite with automatic exterior lamp control and flash-to-pass feature
- Heater- rear auxiliary with rear passenger heating ducts
- Instrumentation- analog with speedometer- odometer with trip odometer- fuel level- voltmeter- engine temperature- oil pressure- tachometer- compass and outside temperature gauge
- Liftgate with liftglass- rear door system with rear-window wiper/washer
- Moldings- body-color bodyside
- Pedals- power-adjustable for accelerator and brake (Includes memory function with (AN3) front bucket seats.)
- Rear axle- 3.08 ratio (Requires 1/2 ton models. Not available with (K5L) Heavy-Duty Trailering Package.)
- Rear wheel drive
- Steering column- Tilt-Wheel- adjustable with brake/transmission shift interlock
- Steering wheel- leather-wrapped
- Steering- power
- Suspension Package- Premium Smooth Ride (1/2 ton models only.)
- Suspension- front coil-over-shock with stabilizer bar (1/2 ton models only.)
- Suspension- rear multi-link with coil springs (1/2 ton models only.)
- Theft-deterrent system- vehicle- PASS-Key III
- Tire carrier- lockable outside spare- winch-type mounted under frame at rear
- Tire- spare P265/70R17 all-season- blackwall (1/2 ton models only. Upgradeable to (4JP) P265/70R17 on-/off-road- blackwall spare tire.)
- Tools- mechanical jack and wheel wrench- stored in rear quarter trim
- Tow/haul mode selector- button located at end of shift lever
- Trailering equipment- heavy-duty includes trailering hitch platform- 7-wire harness with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector and (VR4) 2" trailering receiver
- Universal Home Remote includes garage door opener- programmable
- Visors- driver and front passenger illuminated vanity mirrors- padded with cloth trim- extends on rod- includes corner storage pockets on back of visors- Shale-colored
- Warning tones headlamp on- key-in-ignition- driver and passenger buckle up reminder and turn signal on
- Wheel- 17" (43.2 cm) full-size steel spare (1/2 ton models only.)
- Windows- power with driver Express-Down and lockout features
- Wiper- rear intermittent with washer
- Wipers- front intermittent wet-arm with flat blade and pulse washers